Enjoy your favourite cool climate Orange wines for less.
Joining Ferment Society brings you wine. We’re talking really good wine, delivered free direct to your door.
We make it easy.
The wines will be specially chosen by the wine man, Peter Bourne and will reflect the four distinct seasons of Orange.
Join for free.
Joining’s free with no annual fees. You can cancel at any time and the benefits start flowing the moment you join.
- You will receive your wine pack quarterly at our special discounted prices, including tasting notes for all of the wines, prepared by Peter Bourne.
- Members will also receive “Members Only” offers, including offers of limited release and museum wines, as well as bin end runouts.
- Your membership also entitles you to a 10% discount on all takeaway bottle sales and other purchases at Ferment (excluding functions); online sales of Orange’s best wines at orangewinecentre.com.au and wines purchased through the Orange Wine Concierge service.
- Priority bookings for events at Ferment, including Peter Bourne’s Gourmet Traveller Wine Tastings.
- Invitation to exclusive “Members Only” events to be held throughout the year, including “closed door” tasting sessions with winemakers at Ferment, vineyard walks and paddock BBQs. By joining the Ferment Society, you will receive four cases of six wines per year. Your membership and the commitment is ongoing until you notify us otherwise.
February 2016. Burgundy comes to Orange.
Value $191 club price $160
Chardonnay and Pinot Noir originated in the ancient French region of Burgundy and came to Australian in 1832 as part of James Busby’s seminal vine collection. However, it wasn’t until the 1970’s that Australian winegrowers seriously attempted to make table wines in the mould their Burgundian benchmarks. Chardonnay burst from the blocks with the first commercial plantings in Cowra in the 1970’s and now dominates white grape plantings in all our viticultural regions. Pinot noir was slower to gain momentum - due to poor quality clones, and pernickety personality but has now settled into selected sits in our cooler regions. The timeline of Orange’s evolution as a quality wine region follows that of these (now mainstream) grape varieties. Chardonnay is universally successful across the Orange region with our best pinots coming from sites in the shadow of Mount Canobolas and near Blayney. Enjoy the first of Ferment’s seasonal 6-packs.
2013 Topers Estate Cowra Chardonnay
2013 Darragh Chardonnay
2014 Carillion The Crystals Chardonnay
2014 Cook’s Lot 1111 Pinot Noir
2013 The Slow Wine Co Pinot Noir – very slurpable
2013 De Salis Pinot Noir
Call or email us today for membership.